One of the most important steps in the product development process is creating a functional prototype or doing a low-volume production run.
This offers the opportunity to verify the design will work properly and perform to the standards you need without the expensive cost of developing production-ready tooling.
Our Fabrication Team provides services for all composite-related parts, plugs and tools. We specialize in custom shaping by machine or hand and are experienced with many materials and processes. We can fabricate prototypes as small as hand-held articles and as large as car hoods and bus parts.
We work with a multitude of materials including composites, metals, plastics and hybrid parts using multiple materials, depending on your specifications.
Plugs and Patterns:
- CAD modelling for tool optimization
- Material sourcing and procurement
- CAM programming and machining
- Surface shaping and finishing
- Fabrication of industry standard FRP tools for open and closed moulding
- Fabrication of direct-to-mould tooling for prototypes and one-offs
- Selection of materials for process/construction method
- Material and/or product demonstrators
- Test panels to obtain material properties
- First articles/prototypes using traditional and novel fabrication methods
- Hybrid parts using metals and plastics in combination with composites
- Low-volume production
- Processes: Disposable-bag resin infusion (VARTM), Hand layup, RTM light infusion, Oven-cured prepreg layup, Additive manufacturing with FDM
Mould and Tools:
- 5-axis machining
- 3-axis machining
- Hand carving
- Custom wood fabrication
Projects+ SEE ALL
Time to create
We fabricate plugs, tools
and parts to meet your
timelines and verify the
product will work.